There are many great Canon portrait lenses to choose from, but which one is the best for you? In this article, we will take a look at some of the best Canon portrait lenses available and discuss the pros and cons of each.
A Shortlist Of The Best Portrait Canon Lens
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each product with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Portrait Canon Lens People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is a compact, lightweight fixed focal length lens ideal for everyday photos, and with a large f/1.8 aperture, a perfect lens for low-light photography and creative background blur
- EF-S10-18mm F4.5-5.6 IS STM is an EF-S ultra-wide zoom lens with an impressive starting focal length (16mm in 35mm equivalence). For expansive scenery from tall buildings to inspiring mountain ranges, the wide angle of view from the EF-S 10–18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM helps you achieve vivid colors and details during your travels
- A stepping motor (Gear-type STM) supports the Movie Servo AF function in providing smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when shooting photos
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM:Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 ft. (0.35m); maximum magnification of 0.21x. EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM:Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM :Circular aperture (7 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.Metal mount helps provide stability and ruggedness
- - 8 pieces of circular aperture, smooth and large focus rings internal focusing(IF) hybrid aspherical lenses (H-ASP), ultra multi coating(UMC)
- - FULL MANUAL FOCUS OPERATION: require complete manual focus operation on dslr camera to align with lens body, NOT suitable for SLR beginners, recommended for photographers with excellent experience in equipment.
- - Compatible with Canon EOS Rebel T7, T7i, T6, T6i, T5, T5i, SL2, 80D, 77D, 700D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 5D, 6D, 7D, 600D, 550D, 200D, 150D, 100D, 1300D, 1400D, 1500D etc.
- Warm Tips: This is a MANUAL FOCUS LENS, NO Electronic Contacts, your camera will not detect the lens when mounted, that's why it shows "NO LENS ATTACHED", please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly. Tips to use our Manual Lens: 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- - Large Aperture with a pleasing bokeh quality to further enhance shallow depth of field images
- 85 millimetre standard lens with f 1.8 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras, Lens Type:Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM) brings subject quickly into focus, Focal length: 85 millimetre, closest focusing distance: 2.8 feet
- Natural angle of view and perspective is ideal for portraits and natural images
- Designed to produce beautiful background blur; weighs 15 ounces
- Measures 3 inches in diameter and 2.8 inches long; 1-year warranty. Refer User manual for troubleshooting steps.
- Lens not zoomable
- Filter size is 67mm, minimum focus distance with 0.85m
- Lens aperture range is F/1.8-F/22, lens construction with 6 groups of 9 pieces
- Full frame view: level: 16 degree / vertical: 24 degrees / diagonal: 28.5 degrees
- Lens carrying the usual electronic contacts, but also a USB connection that can be used to upgrade the lens firmware
- Suitable for a wide range of other subjects, including selective architecture, landscapes, portrait, short range sports and theatre photography
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 35mm f/1.4
- Subwavelength Coating (SWC) helps significantly reduce lens ghosting and flare.Lens Construction: 14 elements in 11 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 63°
- Focus Adjustment: AF with full-time manual
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.92 ft./0.28m. Increased maximum magnification (0.21x) help expand the range of expression, especially when capturing close-up subjects
- Filter Size: 2.8 in./72mm diameter
- Bundle Includes : Canon EF-S10-18mm F4.5-5.6 IS STM + Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lenses + 49MM UV Filter + 67MM UV Filter + Two Lens Pouches + Two Lens Cap Keepers + Camera Flash Bracket + Dust Blower + Brush Pen
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is a compact, lightweight fixed focal length lens ideal for everyday photos, and with a large f/1.8 aperture, a perfect lens for low-light photography and creative background blur.
- EF-S10-18mm F4.5-5.6 IS STM is an EF-S ultra-wide zoom lens with an impressive starting focal length (16mm in 35mm equivalence). A stepping motor (Gear-type STM) supports the Movie Servo AF function in providing smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when shooting photos.
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM:Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 ft. (0.35m); maximum magnification of 0.21x. EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM:Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM :Circular aperture (7 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Equipped with new NANO USM technology combining Ring USM and STM for smooth and near-silent video and high-speed AF for still capture.
- Improved driving speed of the focusing lens up to 4.3x* (Tele) and 2.5x* (Wide) for faster autofocus.
- Compatible with new Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1, providing electrical zooming that helps deliver more natural zooming while shooting video.
- Dynamic IS helps reduce camera shake when shooting video for improved image quality even when the user is in motion.
- Closest Focusing Distance:1.28 ft./0.39m
- No. of diaphragm blades 7
- 【Lightweight Design】The AF 56/1.4 APS-C Portrait Prime Lens adopts strict design standards, it has both high resolution and soft bokeh, and it weighs 290g, makes it perfect for Canon EOS-M Mount M10 M100 M2 M3 M5 M50 M6 M6II
- 【Larger Aperture】 Max aperture F1.4 large brings nice blur background images, also provide high sharpness and excellent resolution
- 【USB Firmware Upgrade】Easy update firmware by a micro USB interface to experience better performance
- 【Eyes Detecting And Auto Focus】Support eye-detection AF, it can easily detect and track the subject you are picturing
- 【STM Stepper Mute Motor】The lens adopts the STM stepper motor with a gear-type unit, which provides a quiet autofocus experience and tends not to affect the shooting of movies
- Easily screws on to the front of your lens, and instantly expands the field of view for breathtaking wide-angle photography. Features a detachable macro lens for extremely high-resolution close-ups of small objects.
- Lens Compatibility: Popular 58MM Lens model includes EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM.
- Camera Models: CANON Rebel (77D T7i T6i T6 T6s T5i T5 T4i T3i T2i T1i XT XTi XSi), CANON EOS (750D 760D 650D 600D 550D 500D 450D 400D 350D 300D 7D 60D) and more.
- NOTE: PLEASE VERIFY YOUR CAMERA'S LENS THREAD SIZE BEFORE ORDERING. This Wide-Angle is compatible with 58MM lenses only. Lens sizes vary regardless of camera brand or model. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a ""Ø"" (diameter) symbol. For example: Ø58 = 58mm lens thread size.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Portrait Canon Lens
Not every portrait canon lens comes with the same specifications & price. So, you should choose the one that will serve your purpose and save your wallet.
portrait Canon lenses are the best choice for those who want to take pictures of themselves. They come in different prices range and have different features to make your pictures perfect. The top portrait Canon lenses are the 50mm 1.8-5x and the 100mm 2.8-5x. These lenses are perfect for taking pictures of 5-foot-six or smaller adults. They have focus peaking and a Usability Index of 77. The next choice is the 62mm 1.4-5x. This lens is perfect for taking pictures of people who are considered small in size. It has aUsability index of 73 and is focused towards people who are around 5 foot six or less in height. The last lens is the 58mm 1.3-5x, which is perfect for taking pictures of people who are around 5 foot three or less in height. It has aUsability index of 75 and is focused towards people who are around 5 foot six in height.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Which Canon Lens Is Best For Portrait?
Most Canon lenses are suitable for portrait photography. If you want to shoot FSA or 3D content, then amounted lens is best.
What Size Lens Is Best For Portraits?
A small lens is great for miniature photos and Getty images over 2″ wide. A medium lens is good for images over 4″ wide and a large lens is best for images over 6″ wide.
Which Is Better For Portraits 50Mm Or 85Mm?
There is no definitive answer, as both lenses are excellent for portrait photography. However, 50mm photography is more comfortable and you can use less board space in your camera body to shoot at events withroping. On the other hand, 85mm photography offers a higherISO and higher-end controls for more high-end photos.
Which Lens Is Used For Portrait Mode?
A lens is used for portrait mode.
The best portrait canon lens is a lens that is designed to produce the best portrait footage possible. It features a wide-angle range and a telephoto range. It is also good for capturingModel C/D photographer’s dream come true.