The Nikon D5000 is a 12.3 megapixel camera that is capable of capturing excellent quality portraits. The camera has a vari-angle LCD screen that makes it easy to take pictures at different angles, and the built-in image stabilization helps to keep photos sharp and in focus. There are a number of different lenses available for the Nikon D5000, and some of the best lenses for portrait photography include the Nikon 50mm f/1.8G lens, the Nikon 85mm f/1.8G lens, and the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM lens.
A Shortlist Of The Best Lens For Nikon D5000 Portraits
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best lens for nikon d5000 portraits and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Lens For Nikon D5000 Portraits People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- F mount lens/DX format. Picture angle with Nikon DX format 44 degree
- 52.5 millimeter (35-millimeter equivalent). Rear focusing; Manual focus override
- Aperture range: F/1.8 to 22; Dimensions(approx.) 70 x 52.5 millimeter
- Silent wave motor AF system. Accepts filter type is screw on. Lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups
- Compatible formats is dx and fx in dx crop mode. Maximum reproduction ratio: 0.16x
- Lens not zoomable
- High-speed normal lens Great for travel and for shooting full-length portraits in available light
- Distortion-free images with superb resolution and color rendition, Provides high-contrast images even at maximum aperture
- Format Compatibility: Nikon FX/35mm Film and Nikon DX
- Autofocus operation with this lens is possible with Nikon autofocus cameras (except the F3AF); manual focus possible via separate focusing ring with all Nikon SLRs.
- Autofocus system is compatible with select Nikon DSLRs that support D-type lenses and have an autofocus motor.
- NOTE: THIS LENS WILL NOT AUTOFOCUS with D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D3500, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D40, D40X AND D60. These cameras will only allow for manual focus with AF-D type lenses.
- Focal Length : 50 mm (FX), 75mm (DX)
- Great for travel and for shooting full-length portraits in available light
- It includes LC-67 67mm snap-on front lens cap , LF-1 rear lens cap , HB-32 Bayonet lens hood, CL-1018 Flexible lens pouch and maximum reproduction ratio is 1/5
- Vibration Reduction is engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens and enables handheld shooting at up to 3 shutter speeds slower than normal.
- Aspherical lens element virtually eliminates coma and other types of lens aberration, further improving image integrity.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Close focusing to 1.48 feet - Creative close-up photography is possible throughout the entire zoom range.
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished it shows limited or no wear
- Includes all original accessories plus a 90 day warranty
- Fast, f/1.8 prime lens is perfect for low-light conditions, travel, environmental portrait and general photography, Engineered for Nikon DX-format D-SLRS, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G lens renders a picture angle approximating the classic normal angle of view of a 50mm lens on a Nikon FXformat digital SLR or 35mm film camera
- Aspherical lens element minimizes coma and other types of lens aberrations, further improving image integrity, Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers color consistency and reduced flare, Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus
- Close focusing to 1 foot for creative perspectives and versatility, Rounded 7-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural, Accepts 52mm filter attachments
- F-mount lens/DX Format -- 105-450mm (35mm equivalent)
- Aperture range: f/4.5-6.3 to f/32 -- one extra-low dispersion element
- Super integrated coating -- Pulse stepping motor AF system
- Nikon VR image stabilization -- rounded 7-blade diaphragm
- Includes all original accessories plus a 90-day warranty
- Compact all-in-one DX-format zoom lens that goes from wide-angle (18mm) to telephoto (140mm) for great snapshots and videos in just about any situation.
- Designed to draw peak performance from Nikon's new high-resolution image sensors. VR image stabilization for sharper handheld photos and videos in low-light situations and at telephoto distances.
- Get as close as 1.48-feet from your subject, then zoom in for dazzling macro-style close-ups. Superb NIKKOR optics, Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass for better contrast and Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing.
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- F-Mount Lens/DX Format 105-450mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/4.5-6.3 to f/32 One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- Super Integrated Coating Pulse Stepping Motor AF System
- Nikon VR Image Stabilization Access Lens Settings in Camera Menu Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Works with all these Nikon Cameras D90, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7000, D7100, D7200, D7500, D300, D300s, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800, D800e, D810, D810a, D850
- High-power 420mm telephoto focal length
- Includes T-mount adapter for digital and 35mm Nikon SLR cameras
- High index, low-dispersion multi-coated optical glass to reduce flare
- 2X Teleconverter doubles the power of your lens to 1600mm
- F-mount lens/DX formatfilter-attachment size: 58mm, (p = 075 mm) Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.22x. 105-450Mm (35mm equivalent) Aperture range: f/45-63 to F/32
- Nikon VR image stabilization. Access Lens settings in camera menu
- The number of cameras Compatible with both lenses is limited even for compatible cameras, firmware update may be required* Fully compatible Models: D7500, D5600, D5500, D5300*, D3400, D3300*, D500 and later models
- Compatible Models with limited functions: D5, D810 series, DF, D750, D7200, D7100, D5200, Nikon 1 Series with the ft1
- Incompatible models: D4 series, D3 series, D2 series, D1 series, D800 series, D700, D610, D600, D300 series, D200, D100, D7000, D5100, D5000, D90, D80, D70 series, D3200, D3100, D3000, D60, D50, D40 series, film cameras
- Compact and lightweight, DX-format compatible, 4.3x telephoto zoom lens with 70-300mm focal-length range and f/4.5-6.3 maximum aperture
What To Look For Before Buying Best Lens For Nikon D5000 Portraits
Before choosing a lens for nikon d5000 portraits, you should take the following considerations into account.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best lens for nikon d5000 portraits might vary depending on your personal preferences. However, some of the best lenses for the d5000 include those made by optics king, which are good for general use;googlespacetogeal; and topman, which are for portrait shots with a light recipient such as a monitor or phone.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Lens Can I Use With A Nikon D5000?
You can use a Nikon D5000 with a Nikkor lens as it offers a F2.8-34mm lens.
What Nikon Lens Should I Use For Portraits?
If you’re using a Nikkor lens for your camera, then it would be best to use that lens for your portraits. For other types of lenses, such as a Leaf or medium telephoto rangefinder lens, then you might want to use another lens than the Nikkor.
How Do You Take Portrait Pictures With A Nikon D5000?
IPOPrince To take portrait pictures with a Nikon D5000, you will need to first determine what type of lens you wish to use. There are three options for lenses: 25-140, 100-200, and 200-400. Each option has its own set of guide numbers, so you can find the lens you need to take your pictures with. To get started, please see the following link aboutperture numbers: https://www.nikon.com/en_US/repositories/new_phone/guide_to_the_nixdorf_andvixen_most_yakua Once you have determined your code, please follow these steps to take your pictures:
Is Nikon D5000 Good For Photography?
The Nikon D5000 is a very good camera for photography. It has a lot of features that are common to all Nikon cameras, such as manual controls, time-lapse recording, and autofocus. It also has a really good Autofocus system, and is very fast when shooting photos.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best lens for a particular portrait will vary depending on the shooter’s size and composition. However, some of the top lenses for the nikon d5000 include those from Panasonic,lucentbridge, and Tokyo metropolitan photography society.